I don’t know about how it’s like in your neighbourhood, but here it starts to smell like autumn. And autumn for the Northern Hemisphere means start of a new school year. While the actual date when students return to the classroom may vary depending on the local regulations, mid ‘til end of August and start of September are intense back to school preparation times.
Preparations run differently for students and teachers, though both of the categories need to determine their necessities for the upcoming school year. While students shop for supplies and stock up their materials, teachers go over their teaching strategy and evaluate the tools they use for class activities and school administration tasks.
Web forms are a strong asset for both educational and administrative use. That is because of advantages like:
– being able to build the exact type of form you need, with the exact fields you require
– choosing third party integrations like Google Drive to link your forms to, in order to add a plus of functionality and to save some time in data processing
– customizing your forms form visual point of view, which is known to be very enticing for students
– creating interactive mediums for your students, so that you keep them engaged.
To help teachers organize their use of web forms, no matter if they are active in the K-12 or in the upper education field, we’ve compiled a list of back to school forms. Some of them are aimed for using along the school year start. Others can be used all throughout the school year. Feel free to browse through, mark your favorites, and complete the list with other suggestions.
Each new school year start requires certain measures like asking for student information, updating student records, setting expectations and goals. Thus, forms that fall into this category are:
– Beginning of the year student questionnaire – use it to find out students’ expectations and goals regarding a specific course content, teaching methods, teachers, or the overall school experience.
– Student information form – this type of form can contain all necessary fields for gathering vital information from your students. This can be previous educational experience, whom to contact in case of emergency, special needs, medical information, clothes size for school uniforms and others. Use this type of form to initially gather or the update the information about a student.
– Course registration form – for building your course audience and having a proper overview on it.
– Membership application form – students can use it to apply for being a member in a specific club, like the book club, or a sports team.
– Scholarship application form – if your school is offering scholarships, then this form lets students apply for them in an easy way.
As a teacher, you can use online forms as modern, interactive educational tools to keep your students engaged:
– Online quiz – build quizzes with various questions and relating to general or more specific topics.
– Student quiz – you can build a quiz that consists only of visual choices, if you prefer.
– Trivia quiz – quizzes are perfect for assessing your students’ knowledge after a given lesson or teaching chapter.
– Cornell notes – for taking notes in a streamlined way, allowing you to add ideas and summarize the key takeaways.
Being a teacher means having not only educational, but also administrative tasks. Handle them with ease using forms like:
– Online gradebook – it helps keep track of your students’ grades and progress in a neat and organized way
– Trip/activity registration forms – use these whenever you wish to organize a trip or an extracurricular activity for your students, where you need to have a clear participants list.
– The Volunteer recruitment form comes in helpful when you need to gather volunteers for a good cause.
– Uniform or supplies order form – an order form is handy for the case in which you as a teacher, your students, or other school personnel have to order or to notify someone of the need of ordering certain supplies or school uniforms.
– Feedback forms – help you gather valuable feedback on your teaching strategy, the course content or any other topic you choose to ask your students about.
– A course evaluation form is more appropriate towards administering at the end of the semester, although you can operate with it any time.
– A team evaluation form can help you gain an insight over how your students work within a team and how they perceive this experience.
– A training evaluation form can be a proper way of getting feedback towards a training you held.
Web forms can be used for communicating with parents more easily. The most common type of forms in this category are:
– The parental consent form for whenever parents or tutors need to express their approval for the student to leave on a trip, for example.
– A basic contact form can be a perfect way for parents to get in touch with teachers, in order to tell them something, ask about something or clarify an issue.
Teachers can administer online surveys to their students if they would like to get to know their opinion on a given matter. These surveys can be kept anonymously or can include student information fields, depending on the topic the survey is based on, and on its goal. Examples of surveys are:
– The bullying survey for finding out more about bullying cases.
– The school climate survey to get a feel of the school climate.
– A survey concerning a trip destination, school facilities, new project directions.
– A career interest survey if you want to help your students find their dream job.
We hope this list helps you plan and organize your use of online tools for educational purposes. If you need help with any of the forms, you can always reach out to us here or under email@example.com.
Have a great new school year!
Image courtesy of dreamstime.com