123ContactForm has changed the embed code for web forms

Your Guide to 3rd Party Apps
October 5, 2016
September Monthly Highlights
September Monthly Highlights
October 6, 2016

New Embed Code! – See what has changed in embedding web forms

new embed code for publishing forms on website

If you are an existing 123ContactForm user and you published your form before Oct 4th 2016, then this is an article which you should definitely pay attention to.

Approximately one month ago, Google announced that in the next release of Google Chrome (version 54), users that browse using a slow connection (2G, for example) will have all scripts with document.write() included blocked. This new version is expected to be release mid-October.

The forms created with 123ContactForm are embedded using the mentioned method, so we had to find a new way of embedding them. Which we did, and the new code is functional and usable by all our users.

Wix users that published their web forms with the 123 Form Builder app do not need to modify anything. Their web forms and surveys will continue to show up in all browsers. But if you are a Wix user and didn’t use the 123 Form Builder to publish your web form on your website, you have to follow the steps below.

Weebly users are not affected by this change, as long as they have used the 123 Form Builder app for Weebly and continue to use it for publishing their web forms. But those who published through other methods on Weebly, need to follow these instructions.

The old embed code looked like this:

<!-- www.123contactform.com script begins here -->
<script type="text/javascript">var servicedomain="www.123contactform.com"; var frmRef='';
try { frmRef=window.top.location.href; } catch(err) {};
var cfJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://" : "http://");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + cfJsHost + servicedomain + "/includes/easyXDM.min.js'
type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
frmRef=encodeURIComponent(frmRef.replace(/(<([^>]+)>)/ig,'')).replace('%26','[%ANDCHAR%]');
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + cfJsHost + servicedomain + "/jsform-123456789.js?language=en&ref="+frmRef+"'
type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>
<!-- www.123contactform.com script ends here -->

The new embed code looks like this:

<!-- www.123contactform.com script begins here -->
<script type="text/javascript" defer src="https://www.123contactform.com/embed/123456789.js" data-role="form"></script>
<!-- www.123contactform.com script ends here -->

So, if you have previously embedded your 123ContactForm forms using the old embed code, please do the following steps for all your embedded forms:

how to get your embed code of the form

If you need help, just drop us a line or contact our support team.

Tudor Bastea
Tudor Bastea
is the Co-Founder and CTO of 123ContactForm. He oversees the work of the development team, but still loves to code and come up with out-of-the-box ideas for intricate issues.

35 Comments

1. V. Ramirez says:

We currently have many forms which are connected to our Wix websites. Will this effect this sites? If so can we have detailed instructions on how to proceed?

• admin says:

Hello,
      If you have embedded the forms using our Wix app, 123FormBuilder, you don’t have to change anything.
      Thank you.

2. Thanks for the concerns about our business. It’s very nice to have business with your type of service, support and customer care that, well, “cares”!

3. RajeevPrasad N says:

I cant understand

4. Nicolas says:

Hi, users have the form on our website at WIX. We must change something too?

5. Dave J. says:

What about Wix customers…any action necessary? I’m a designer, not a coder.

• Wix users that published their web forms with the 123FormBuilder app do not need to modify anything. Their web forms and surveys will continue to show up in all browsers.

6. marcio says:

Hi guys, how about Google Sites, is update needed?

7. George says:

I have about 4 web pages in wix…. and we have several 123 contactforms in all of those pages,
    what actions de we have to take?

• admin says:

Hi George,
      Let us know if you have other questions.

8. Anna B says:

The interface shown in the above instructions does not match that which I use with my wix account. Therefore I am not able to make the changes you are recommending. Please advise

• admin says:

Hi Anna,
      The interface you use is different, because you use our Wix app, 123FormBuilder. You are not required to do anything.
      Thank you.

9. Devonna says:

I have a contact form (made from the basic Wix contact form) and a newsletter sign up form (from code from Mailchimp) are you saying that Wix forms will no longer work in Google? and subsequently if I want my forms to work I need to turn them into 123 Contact Forms?
    I really appreciate you guys giving us the heads up on this serious issue. Do you know why perhaps Wix has not reached out to their customers???

• admin says:

Hi Devona,
      We did not say Wix forms will no longer work in Google. We said that our forms need to be republished, if they were embedded using the old code. But since you are using our Wix application, 123FormBuilder, you don’t need to do anything.
      Have a nice day.

10. granite says:

This is all setting a bit confusing. Last week I had a client tell me that a warning came up not to go to my website because it was deemed “unsafe” and that somehow my site could get his personal information if he proceeded to it, now this. You know, those 123 forms are slow as well? Most of us are business people not web designers and coders. Your company should fix the problem not ask us to.

• Our forms are secured properly and especially due to this cause we updated our back-end publishing code, in order to keep pace with the new security measures. The publishing code has to be updated on your end due to the fact that we allow the users to publish their own forms on personal webpages.Therefore, you can rest assured that our forms are highly secured and they will not affect your website in any way.
      Nevertheless, you could try to send us a screenshot with that alert message at support@123contactform.com and our Support team will investigate it and try to find its cause.

11. Howard Brown says:

I need to correct my last email. None of my computers will allow me to access my 123 forms built into Weebly. I have a planned launch of my website on Tuesday. Do I need to abandon use of 123 and rebuild to meet my release date or can you help me resolve this issue?

12. Hi

By reading what you said I did not need to change my contact form has I using 123 form builder . Through wix app so I updated and redesign my form for no reason today. Google already streamline all there services one logging for every service they offer and it was bound to happened that they would realise a new version of chrome.

• We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Indeed, Wix users that published their web forms with the 123FormBuilder app do not need to modify anything. Precisely because we have to be in line with the new updates from Google, we had to change the back-end publishing code to keep pace with the new security measures.

13. Ashley says:

Hello,

I have tried to follow all instructions on changing the embedded code but i cant seem to paste the new code in.

14. Carlos says:

Buenos días,

Para la cuentas gratuitas ¿también vais a poner ese código?. Es que entro en la mía que la creé hace unos 3/4 días para probar y me sigue saliendo un código largo y el mismo que tengo puesto.

Gracias!

• Hola Carlos. Sí, el código publicado debe actualizarse, sin importar el plan en el que se encuentre tu cuenta. Intenta republicar tu formulario usando el mismo método que utilizaste hace unos días (simplemente reemplazando el código viejo con el nuevo que se encuentra en la sección PUBLICAR de tu formulario)

15. yantypas says:

hello,

I;m on Safari 10 and Sierra 10.12. The form disappears and I cannot get it back !
    please help.

Yannis

16. Paul Braren says:

I found it easiest to simply take the sample block of code from the article above:

and merely change one thing, changing from 123456789 to the actual number of my form that is easily found using the “View” button of this URL https://www.123contactform.com/index.php?p=your_forms once logged in. You’ll see the 7 numbers it in the URL, right after the “form-“. Let’s say it’s 7654321. That means your final code block would look like this:

17. Anne says:

I just published my Wix website and I used 123 contact form app for ordering. I added a headline and I noticed today that my headline is GONE. Please assist!

18. Francesco says:

Hi, i’m using the javascript version passing it some custom Vars to pre-fill fields.
    Is it possible to do the same now?

Here below my code:

var servicedomain=”www.123contactform.com”;
    var customVars=”control17912713=” + val1 + “&control17911565=” + val2 + “&control17912719=” + val3;

var frmRef=”; try { frmRef=window.top.location.href; } catch(err) {}; var cfJsHost = ((“https:” == document.location.protocol) ? “https://” : “http://”); document.write(unescape(“%3Cscript src='” + cfJsHost + servicedomain + “/includes/easyXDM.min.js’ type=’text/javascript’%3E%3C/script%3E”)); frmRef=encodeURIComponent(frmRef).replace(‘%26′,'[%ANDCHAR%]’); document.write(unescape(“%3Cscript src='” + cfJsHost + servicedomain + “/jsform-1867272.js?”+customVars+”&ref=”+frmRef+”‘ type=’text/javascript’%3E%3C/script%3E”));