Seeing this headline on the heels of our previous article on tracking form conversions in Google Analytics, you might ask, “Isn’t this a bit redundant?”
Not a bit.
Google AdWords is a different animal. While Google Analytics lets you know how things are going overall, Google AdWords campaign tracking measures the success of your paid marketing efforts.
Search engine marketing and Google AdWords go hand-in-hand. SEM experts strive to advertise content directly to users whose keyword searches are a likely match for the product or service the company is offering. By targeting ads at searches, search engine ads enjoy better conversion rates.
When you direct an AdWords campaign to 123ContactForm, make sure you set it up to track conversions so you can measure your success! Don’t forget that conversion doesn’t only mean buying stuff with a credit card. Conversions include signing up for mailing lists, requesting information, downloading apps, and more.
To add AdWords conversion tracking to a 123ContactForm web form:
1. Copy the tracking code from AdWords.
2. Paste the code into a notepad and saving it with the extension .js.
3. Upload the file on the web server, or you don’t have access, use any hosting service that can store the file online and be retrievable via URL.
4. Log in to 123ContactForm.
5. Go to the web form (if it’s already created).
6. Go to Settings → Advanced. Use the option to add JS to the Thank You page.
7. Paste the URL of the .js file.
You can also create a custom form thank you page on your site (outside of 123ContactForm) and return to 123ContactForm to assign your form submissions to go there. In this case you’ll plant the tracking code within thetags of the HTML code of the page.
Remember, a great way to increase conversions and get the most bang for your buck to have your stuff seen by people who are likely to be interested in the first place! AdWords can help make that happen. AdWords not only help you find more promising leads but shed light on the desires of your customer base.
As always, visit our Help Center or drop us a line at support[at]123contactform.com if you run into any snags.