How-To Guide for using 123ContactForm
- How to remove the backlink to 123ContactForm
- How to stop receiving spam
- How to use my own thank-you page
- How to use my own stylesheet (CSS)
- How to use a template
- How to archive messages, for backup purposes
- How to resend a message
- How to set up a unique message reference ID
- How to let my visitors send me files
- How to make sure my visitors enter valid email addresses
- How to make sure my visitors enter valid telephone numbers
- How to create an autoresponder
- How to also send all emails to another email
- How to send the form submissions to another account, if certain conditions are met
- How to make fields optional
- How to add some text between the fields
- How to add a date picker to your form
- How to receive form submissions in HTML format
- How to select a character encoding that supports your language
1. How to remove the backlink to 123ContactForm
The link to 123ContactForm is required if you have a free account. If you want to remove it, you must upgrade your account to a Premium account, which will bring you access to a lot of nice features. After upgrading, copy-paste the form code again on your website.
2. How to stop receiving spam
You can stop spam by limiting the number of form submissions to 1 per day, or you can use a Captcha verification image like in this sample form. You can choose which anti-spam method to use, from the Form Setup page.
3. How to use my own thank-you page
If you want to use your own thank-you page (to be displayed after the form is filled), create the page on your site, and enter it`s URL in the Form Setup page.
4. How to use my own stylesheet (CSS)
If you want to use your own CSS, you have to enter it`s URL in the Form Setup page. Please make sure that your CSS does not harm the appearance of the form fields, by testing the contact form in all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome).
5. How to use a template
You can use one of our 30+ contact form templates, by selecting your favourite one, in the Theme page. You can also select a logo to be displayed in the header, from our collection of 100+ logos.
6. How to archive messages, for backup purposes
You can keep an archive of the messages received using the contact forms, by activating this option, on the Form Setup page.
7. How to resend a message
If you deleted an important message from your email client, but you have the Message Archive enabled, you can recover the message easily. Log in, go to the Message Archive, and you will see that each archived message has a Resend link.
8. How to set up a unique message reference ID
If you run a medium or big business, or just have many forms created with 123ContactForm, it is very useful to have a unique reference ID for each form submitted by your visitors. To enable this feature, go to Form Setup and set, for example, ORD for the Reference ID setting. Now, the emails you receive will have something like (Ref: ORD-1240439195) added to the email subject. That number is unique, represents the timestamp of the moment when the message was sent.
9. How to let my visitors send me files
If you want your visitors to upload files with your contact form, you can achive this by entering 1,2 or 3 (the number of permitted file uploads) in the Uploads available setting, on the Form Setup page.
10. How to make sure my visitors enter valid email addresses
You can achieve this by setting a field validation rule, on the Edit Fields page. On the bottom of the page, there is a form that permits you to set this rule. Select the Email field, select email validation, and click Add. Here is a sample form where such a validation has been added.
11. How to make sure my visitors enter valid telephone numbers
You can achieve this by setting a field validation rule, on the Edit Fields page. On the bottom of the page, there is a form that permits you to set this rule. Select the Telephone field, select numeric validation, and click Add. Here is a sample form where such a validation has been added.
12. How to create an autoresponder
Autoresponders are very useful, because they inform the form submitters that their messages have been sent. You can use the default 123ContactForm autoresponder, or you can create you own autoresponder, personalized with your message and company signature. To achieve this, go to Form Setup and click the manage link from the Autoresponder setting.
13. How to also send all emails to another email
This can be done with the multiple recipients feature. On the Form Setup page, add all the email addresses that should receive the form submissions, separated by a comma (e.g.: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
14. How to send the form submissions to another account, if certain conditions are met
We call this custom recipients and it is very useful for companies which receive a lot of emails. Please read this resource and you will learn how to use this great feature.
15. How to make fields optional
You can make the fields that are not very important optional, by going to the Edit Fields page, and unchecking the corresponding checkbox, from the column named Required (appears as Req.).
16. How to add some text between the fields
You can add text between fields by adding a new field, of type Extra Info, in the Edit Fields page.
17. How to add a date picker to your form
You can add a date picker to your form by adding a date-MMDDYYYY with date picker validation, in the Edit Fields page.
18. How to receive form submissions in HTML format
You can setup your account to receive the form submission in HTML format by going to the My Profile page.
19. How to select a character encoding that supports your language
If your language is not an international language (like English, French, German etc) it is possible that the form is not displayed correctly, and you have to use another character encoding. Click here to learn more about this issue.